We're proud to share with you here our design for a new facility at our Rivington Street location.
The existing building is distressed and in disrepair. Our architect and engineer determined that existing conditions would make responsible repair and renovation difficult, and not significantly less costly than new construction. Through new construction we will build dramatically improved facilities for our cultural, community and educational activities. We will:
- double the size of our gallery and performance space
- create spaces specifically designed for our programs and events
- install new energy- and water-efficient building-wide systems
- increase our capacity for alternative energy use
- build to the rigorous Passive House specification